Why Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Matters to Dispensaries
Engaging new customers is important, but how can you reach said customers if they can’t find you? This is where SEO, or Search Engine Optimization, comes into play. When potential customers are on the hunt for a new product or service or in this case, a new dispensary, oftentimes the first then they do is a quick search online. Therefore, it’s important to have your website optimized for search engines so that people are able to find your business and gather whatever information they need. Here is a brief overview of SEO and how it can help your local dispensary.
You may be asking, what exactly is SEO? Here I have outlined the basic concepts your business will need to grasp, in order to become successful at this optimization approach.
- Develop a set of keywords that will help search engines identify and pair people with your website.
- Place these keywords throughout page titles as well as the content on the pages.
- Measure your search engine rankings and continually improve your site so that your ranking can go up.
Okay, so now you know what SEO is and a few of the basic approaches you can start applying to your dispensary site today. Now you’re wondering, why is any of this important? SEO is crucial to the success of any business hoping to reel in new customers using online methods. A few of the most important aspects of SEO are listed below:
- Search engine rankings: These rankings are extremely important if you are hoping to reach any new customers. If people can’t find your website, you won’t get any new business. Regardless if you have the best dispensary in the state, if people can’t find your website then they won’t have a chance to find out.
- Target audience: The beautiful thing about SEO is that it connects companies like yours, to their target audience without either party really trying. It narrows down billions of users to the exact market that your company is looking to do business with.
- SEO goes beyond your website: If your company has a profile on any business locator or map application, using the aforementioned keywords can help users locate your business without even visiting your website.
By now you can see how important it is to successfully optimize your dispensary website for search engines. It can improve overall website traffic, as well as attract the exact consumer profile your looking for. Overall, SEO is a crucial tool when developing your new or existing dispensary.